My Dearest Daydreamer,
It's been a little while!
I'm checking in to see how you are....
When was the last time you gave yourself the luxury of doing something special just for you?
Simply because you wanted to?
Because you love it?
And, did you do it with no guilt? Without feeling selfish and terrible for treating yourself with so much importance?
If there's one thing I've learned over time, it's that taking care of myself as if I'm a seriously important person is paramount to experiencing life to the fullest, as well as connecting with others in the most fulfilling way.
I don't mean turning into a narcissistic egomaniac who's unaware of others' feelings and lacking in compassion for anyone else... that wouldn't encourage any type of meaningful relationships. I believe kindness, empathy, and general decency are the touchstones of any life well-lived.
But, after 50+ years on this amazing planet, and many tutorials by the 'Universe' in the form of life lessons, I've come to realize that self-care, self-nurturing, and self-love, allow me to sculpt and maintain the best version of myself.
And, creating and growing the 'best' version of myself not only has benefits for me, but for everyone in my life. If I show up for others fully present, feeling centered and at ease, happy in my own skin; then I'm giving them more than I'm capable of if I'm run-down, tired, and worn out from trying to do too much.
Taking time-out for myself reaps so many rewards.
So, what is it you love to do that you haven't done lately?
What can you do that will nurture your soul, soothe your worries, inspire your mind, open your heart, and just make you feel darn good?
I'm talking about really simple things.....
- Taking time out to sit at the beach, watch the waves roll in, and wriggle your toes in the sand
- Spending half an hour sitting in the sun with a favourite magazine and a cup of tea
- Snuggling in bed for an extra hour with a good book and nowhere else to be
- Buying a bunch of beautiful flowers to bloom in your home
- Taking yourself off to the cinema to catch a fabulous movie
- Indulging in a long, hot bath with your favourite bubbles and a candle
- Spending time writing in your journal or creating something
- Getting a manicure, a pedicure or a massage
- Giving yourself a facial, including a face scrub, a mask, and a moisturizing treatment
- Cooking your favourite meal or baking your favourite cake and savouring the taste
- Sitting quietly with your pet and giving it a cuddle or a pat
- Walking through a beautiful park or amongst some wonderful trees
Time spent doing simple things you love can rejuvenate your mind, body and soul; and give you the opportunity to replenish your inner well or 'life-force'.
The next time you're running around doing things for everyone else, stop for a moment, and plan to do something for yourself.
You deserve it - totally - and so do your 'significant others'.
Putting yourself first when it comes to self-care and nourishment leads to a win-win situation for everyone. YOU get to feel happier and healthier, and your nearest and dearest get the best YOU possible.
If you'd like more ideas for looking after yourself and sculpting the best version of 'YOU', you can subscribe to my monthly printables showcase here. Beautiful inspiration for you to download and use anywhere you like!
PS. I'd love you to share the simple ways you put yourself first. How do you take time out to nurture your heart and soul?