6. The direction I take is mine to choose. Ideas and tips from others are great, but ultimately I steer my own ship. Any decisions I make are mine, and the consequences that flow from them are mine. Playing the victim only gives away my power. Negativity thwarts pathways for growth.
7. Everyone sees the world through their own filter. If I disagree with them, I remind myself there may be solid reasons why they think like they do. We all come at life from our own perspectives, and the only person who's lived my life is me (and they theirs).
8. I need time alone to recharge and renew myself. This is okay. Others don't need to understand this, or even accept it. It is what it is, and my mindset and health are much better when I include it.
9. Being weird, dorky, or a little off the beaten track is also okay. Besides, the beaten path is well mined... stepping away means I sometimes find a diamond in the rough!
10. Sleep is one of my best friends, and my whole life is better when I treat it as such.
11. Treating my body like a temple means everything else in life improves. But it's okay to treat my body like a fun-house now and then too!
12. Laughter really is the best medicine (along with animals, dancing, singing, art, friends, family, nature, and time).
13. Talking to myself isn't an indicator of madness, it helps me process my feelings and get a handle on things. After all, I think I'm reasonably intelligent, so I'm a good person to have a chat with! Rehearsing future conversations in the shower is also fruitful!
14. Feelings will not kill you. They can also come in cycles. Stuffing them down or bottling them up builds resentment and stunts progress. Best to feel them, let them flow through me, and know life will happen despite them.
15. Keeping my surroundings uncluttered and my cupboards with room to spare feels luxurious and free. My mind is clearer, I feel better, and I'm calmer when I pay attention to the way I create my home and work space. My home is a haven, and a sanctuary for my soul. Putting effort into keeping it that way is therapeutic and brings me joy.
16. Boundaries are a vital part of protecting my inner core and well-being. Respecting myself enough to call out the disrespect of others and walk away from it honours who I am. Being alone is infinitely better than being with someone who treats me poorly.